1. With all the awful stories coming out of America with Ferguson: Missouri, it’s nice to finally report a feel good story, Mo’ne Davis has emerged as one of the best sports stories of the summer and she is only 13 in a sport dominated by boys.
2. Davis threw a complete game shutout over South Nashville (Tenn.), striking out eight while allowing no walks and only two hits. Can someone say awesome?
3. Davis finished off the 4-0 win by striking out the side. Before a rapt audience—in person and on TV—it was a calm, dominant performance, she is cool calm and collected and if you hear her in an interview she has great poise and presence.
4. Maybe I forgot to say, it was also the first shutout thrown by a female player in Little League World Series history.
5. She’s a female who throws 70 mile-per-hour fastball, who happens to be one of 18 female players in LLWS history. (Canada’s Emma March also made this year’s tournament.) and has an awesome campaign called throw like a girl.
By now unless you’re a fan of little league world series you probably have no idea what I am talking about.
Davis will become the 18th girl to play in the Little League World Series in its 68-year history. Another girl, Emma March from Canada’s Region Champion will also play in the LLWS — the third time that two girls have played in the same LLWS. Not only is she a great rising sports star with dreams of playing in the WNBA, she is also a honour roll student traveling over an hour to school, a hard worker a great achiever a great smile.
A lot of stars are taking notice and its great to see such a talented athlete just have fun, she also said she will probably be the first female in the “MLB or the NBA” the swag, the poise the confidence i love it.
With so many people throwing their life away…ok let me stop, even though I had a great Pun in mind.